Thursday, November 16, 2006

today.

So, today had a few funny things happen. I got up, got ready for school, etc. and went to the coffee shop to study for my test today. I had been there for about 3 hours when I see a group of 4 men come in. 3 of them are in their mid-40's or so and dressed pretty nicely, and one guy was in his mid-20s wearing old jeans with paint stains on them, a t-shirt, a hat, and a toothpick in his mouth. Looked kinda like he worked construction or something.

I don't pay much attention to them, but they did catch my eye. Well, they go and sit down on a set of couches that is about 10 yards away from me or so...and I have my headphones on. Well, 2 of them men have little portfolio things and start talking to the younger guy. So, I, of course mute my music (while still having my headphones in my ears so they don't know i'm listening). Turns out, this young guy was a MILLIONARE, one of the men was his dad (I think) and the other two were financial advisors/investors.

It was crazy listening to them talk....about how this guy was now at high risk, and that he needs to be careful because people will start coming him with business ideas they want him to fund, and that family members and friends will come out of the woodworks and want his money, and that he just needed to be careful because everyone knew that he was a rich man now.

They were telling him to come talk to him before he makes any big purchases like "a new house, and cars..." and they know he will want to make some big purchases and he has the money to do it, but that they will be the "quarterbacks" and guide him throughout the process.

They told him that he has enough to be set for life, and his future family/kids will be set for life, but to not leave all of it to them one day, because it tears families apart and they will become irresponsible with it, and it could ruin them, etc. I dunno...they were just giving him all sorts of advice, and he was just sittin' there eating his lunch like it was no big deal. I wanted to just walk over there and be like "dude, did you win the lottery?? congratulate him and walk away." buuuut then they would know I was evesdropping on their whole conversation - but it was hard not to.

So pretty much, I think the dude won the lottery. And I was in the room with him. I kinda also wanted to say - "for a mere $2000 dollars, I will flash you my boobies real quick." but, I refrained from that too...although the money would have been nice. I'm sure he would have paid it...I mean, who wouldn't??? haha, juuuust kidding.

It was awesome. Seriously. I listened to them talk for like 20 minutes, then had to leave to go study someplace else because I couldn't not listen to them.

Then I am sitting in class, and I sit in the front row...and my friend Matt sits in the back. During class, he gets up to close the door and it makes kind of a loud noise. I turn around, and give him the "quiet down" sign (just playing around with him), and he blows me a kiss......well, the teacher was right in front of me (a middle aged woman) and goes "was that for me?!?" it was HILLARIOUS I tell you.

Also in the class she is talking about the development of gait, and how it proceeds from walking to running to galloping to hopping to skipping or something like that.....so, I, being the smart-butt that I am say "could you please demonstrate the gallop for us?" ---- then she proceeds to gallop across the front of the room...like she's riding a horse. It was INCREDIBLE. I was laughing an insane amount....you probably have to have a mental image of this lady, but trust me - it was funny.

Then I took a test. That wasn't very funny.

Now the dog is layin' all over me like she owns me - and has her muzzle resting right in between my boobs as she sleeps. Man, she's got the life.

Sorry to discuss my boobs twice in this post. Oh well, I mean, I'm a girl, everybody knows I have them.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. PEACE.

3 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

hhurrraaayyy...good post.

By the way...2 grand. Is that all. You should have told me that awhile ago, I would have paid. Hello. You're hot.

Anonymous said...

"for a mere $2000 dollars, I will flash you my boobies real quick."

hahaha you crack me up, katie
mego

stunningman said...

Ok - I think I just woke Davison up laughing out loud...