Monday, November 27, 2006

rambles.

Well, there is a dog lying across my stomach on the couch being the cutest thing ever, the new Damien Rice CD is playing on the stereo, and I am just sitting being lazy. So, I figured I'd post a blog. I have no idea what I'm going to say though...just started typing. So bare with me, there is no telling where this may go.

I talked to Matthew Ables today - he lives in Prague and is phenomenal. He comes back soon and I am excited. I am going to try to go to Greenville for the Andrew Peterson/Derek Webb concert that he will be back for, so I can see his smiling face.

My boyfriend sent me a really hillarious email today. It was super-sweet, but then turned super hillarious quickly and made me laugh in class.

I decided to train for a half marathon today. I am going to start on Monday with the training, although the training starts with running 3-4 miles the first week consistently - and well - I'm not sure I can even do that right now. Guess we'll see how this works out. I talked Mark into training for it too....and got yet another hillarious email response from him about another good way that he can stay in shape, according to a health article he read today. 2 funny ones in one day....good work. haha.

I lifted weights today for the first time in WAY too long...hence, my arms now feel like jello.

I had the "roasted almond" flavor of Nature Valley granola bars tonight for the first time...it wasn't too shabby.

Final exams start next week...not exciting. But then I get a month off from school...very exciting.

Thanksgiving break was incredible. I got to hangout with my family, and Mark came along - which was really great. We ate entirely too much, learned some new shag moves from my cousin and Brent and shagged in the house, played basketball from Mark's back (in which, I tried repeatedly to dunk the ball...(aka - he was trying to jump with me on his back) but it only worked like once), stayed up late talking, ate entirely too much again, etc.

I went to Clemson on Friday night and got to go on a double date with Donald and his girlfriend Sarah. They are incredible people, and extremely fun to hangout with...so it was really great. We ate at Ancheaux's (in which we also saw AJ and Lauren), then walked around campus for a bit, then went and ate ice cream (so fun), and went to a movie. THEN, I got to sleep 3-deep at Lindsay's with Lindsay and Marie...also a good time. I heard 2 of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life that night come out of Marie's mouth. Let's just say one involves a bad smell, and one involves a unicorn.

Clemson lost the football game, but it was ok - it was still a BLAST to get to be there. I love clemson football more than a whole lot of things in this world....so thank you Marie for giving me your ticket...you rock my world. Tailgaiting was a great time that day as well.

Basically, the break was awesome. You should just trust me. :-)

OK, it is now past 8 o'clock so I think I am going to shower since I'm still stinky from my workout/run and then study some.

Aaaaaaaaaand the CD is finished playing so it's entirely too quiet in here.

PEACE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to know sitting on my counter eating a pb sandwich didn't qualify as a good time on your thanksgiving break. oh well, it did for me. =) and hey, rambles are good...keeps us informed as to what's going on in that fantastic head of yours.

Katie said...

so, you know what's funny? as soon as I pressed submit entry I re-thought about what I wrote and my break and stuff, and thought to myself "I didn't write that I got to have a date with you, and that we won $25,000 on family fued!" So, was going to edit it after I got out of the shower - buuuut you beat me to it. haha. It was an absolutely FANTASTIC time. Seriously. It's going to happen a lot more often in the month of December too, so get excited. :-D

Anonymous said...

25,000...that's right folks...we're basically brilliant and put that family of which ethnic group we're unsure of to shame. be jealous, very jealous.

Katie said...

hahahahahahahahhahahaha - "the family of which ethnic group we're unsure of" ---- LOVE IT.

I also love that when you asked, we both justified our response with the "chinese, japanese....look at these" rhyme from 3rd grade.

aaaaaaand that made me laugh out loud all alone in my room. ha, thanks Stace. :-)