Sunday, November 26, 2006

Kraft.

Tonight was great for many reasons - in fact, this whole week has been great for many reasons that perhaps I will post about at a later date...but tonight something really simple happend that I absolutely loved.

I went back to Mark's apartment after getting back to Columbia (around 9:30 or so) - and we were both pretty exhausted. We were planning on just chillin' and watching a movie, when I had the great idea of setting up a "pallet" on the floor with pillows and blankets and whatnot while we watched. So, we pick out a movie (Man on Fire) and get situated...which includes me lighting the Yankee Candle they have on their coffee table, because I love candles and good smelling things - so it's just something I like to do when I go over there. Well, we get comfy, turn on the movie, and both realize we are starving after like 25 minutes of watching.

So my wonderful boyfriend gets up and makes us Kraft Macoroni and Cheese, and brings it back on two paper plates. So, we sit and eat our macoroni on the floor to candle light while watching the movie at 10 o'clock at night. And it made me smile real big.

It was simple, but I would have rather done that than go to the most expensive restaurant in the world or being entertained by something fancy...any day of the week.

(then approximately 5 minutes after finishing my dinner I passed out for like half an hour (I think??) before waking up and thinking 'man, I think I just missed the majority of that movie.' and proceeding to go home to get into my comfy bed which I am now laying in about to pass out again with exhaustion. It was just so great to me that I felt it blog worthy before I closed my eyes again for the night...)


thank you mark.

3 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

only the best for my girl.

if any of you gentleman out there need any help being romantic, you let me know. i'm starting a buisness. i can help you.

katie and i are also willing to work with couples to do couples counseling (inside joke, to much to explain)

Katie said...

"CCC: 4-steps, 4-eva."

haha. :-)

Anonymous said...

i maybe shouldn't say this b/c i'm not aware of the joke but...sign me up. =) from two of the coolest people i know...it's bound to be good.