Wednesday, November 08, 2006

THANK YOU!!










Well, my birthday was a few weeks ago - so I thought I'd share some of the awesome things I got, and thank those of you who got them for me. My parents got me the coolest gift ever - airline tickets to see my long lost love Erin Mathis who now lives in LA. I've never been to California, never seen the Pacific Ocean, and never seen where she lives - so needless to say, I'm pumped. They also got me some new tennies...which were way needed. Mark surprised me and took me to Carowinds for a fabulous time (see pictures below), and Stacy bought me tickets to see Ray Lamontagne and Tristan Prettyman in Atlanta the weekend after my exams...and some other amazing people are coming along with us. (AWESOME!) My flex-ex clan at school bought me a new tennis racket and tennis balls b/c they knew I wanted to start playing and didn't have one...which I'm pretty stoked about - watch out Serena (again, see picture below). Heather got me some of the best granola in the world (bear naked) because she knows how much of a fan I am. Susanna bought me one of the best gifts EVER - an afro and some circus peanuts - holla!!! If you are on facebook you can totally check out the 'fro - it was and is amazing - and is currently hanging up on my mirror in my room. The siblings got me gift cards, and a new shirt, and the grandparents gave me some moo-la, which was MUCH needed. Stacy and Marie took me out for a whoooooole lotta sushi in Columbia - that was faaaaaaantastic. Oh, and I can't forget, Kenny gave me Groucho's gift certificates (another one of my favorites) - AMAZING. So yea - 'twas a fabulous birthday, so thank you to everyone who thought about me - who got me gifts - etc. No matter how big or small, they are all appreciated. That's the great thing about gift giving - is that it doesn't matter WHAT you give someone (or well, me anyway), it doesn't matter how much it costs (it could be totally free - make a cd, buy a goodwill t-shirt (my favorite), etc.), doesn't matter how pretty it is wrapped (or not wrapped for that matter) - the fact that you cared enough to take time and think about me, or figure out things that I love, or something that would put a smile on my face - I am so thankful. I in no way deserve any of this, but you are all so amazing that you gave of yourselves to make my day that much better. So, I know it's late and long overdue, but THANK YOU. Thank you for the effort, and for the caring. I can't tell you how much I love each of you!

-afrolady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you deserved all those "things" and so much more. You're right though...it's not about the size or the cost, it's about the meaning behind it and simply showing someone we care about them. Not too much to ask, right?
On a lighter note, Dec. 9th is less than a month away and I'm more than excited about the concert. Not to mention, the company is going to be a-mazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stacy...you MOST DEFINITELY deserve all those things :) When we going to play tennis??