Friday, February 24, 2006

Gills are good but I don't want them.

I've determined this week that if I could choose any animal to be that it WOULD NOT be a fish. Personally, I think it'd stink to be a fish. Seriously, think about it. In case you're still not sure what would be so bad about it, here's my reasoning:

a. if you live in your natural home (ocean, lake, river, etc.) something is ALWAYS trying to eat you. Bears, sharks, people, etc. It's like you're swimmin' for your life everyday, always watchin' your tail (haha, "tail" -- literally).

2. Speaking of people, there is ALWAYS someone trying to trick you. It's like "hey lil' fishy, here's some nice food for ya, you're hungry, right?" then BOOM - there's a hook through your mouth and you're suddenly reeled against your will out of the water where you are suffocating, to what? be eaten. OR, you are tricked and caught in a big ole net only to be suffocated with all of your friends. Then....eaten. You were just mindin' your business & wanted a lil' chow, ya know?

d. If you get caught to not be eaten, what do you end up with? A bunch of annoying people puttin' their faces really close to the glass of your bowl or tank or whatever you live in, TAPPING on the glass.....ALL the time. How annoying. "tap, tap, taparoo..." (a lil' Happy Gilmore shout-out)

So, folks - there's my reasons. If God ever comes down and asks me if I want to be a fish, I think I'm gonna have to say "thanks, but no thanks." I mean, don't get me wrong - they're a great creation, but as for me --- I'll be fine without fins.

(ps, my a. 2. d. was a tribute to "Home Alone" -- remember, when Buzz is sitting on the couch in France telling his sister why he's not worried about Kevin being home by himself. Classic.)

No comments: