Sunday, February 26, 2006

carried away...

One of the reasons I love music so much is that it can carry you away....

I'm lying in my bed right now in total darkness listening to some music and I found myself closing my eyes being carried away to another place at another time by the tunes. Certain songs put me in certain places in my mind. I create these amazing scenerios of so many perfect things. The music takes me to the top of a mountain with someone, or driving in the car with the windows down, or some place where someone is singing it to me or with me, or it brings back memories so vivid you feel like you are back there again.

They create an escape of the present, retreating thoughts into the past and diving into the future.

What's not to love?

1 comment:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

man...i wish i could be there with ya. that sounds really good.