Friday, February 10, 2006

"b-a-n-a-n-a-s"

I learned a valuable lesson thismorning that I thought I'd share. Most of you probably already know this, but I just discovered it in the past 10 minutes and wanted to pass it along.

If you're going to freeze a banana for any reason, peel it FIRST. It will save you a lot of trouble in the end.

You know, if you ever wanna make a banana shake, or just eat it frozen for whatever reason (I actually found out today that I like them better frozen - they taste like banana popsicles) and have to stick that sucker in the freezer - just go ahead and take its clothes off first, because if not you'll be peelin' for a long time and get numb fingertips from having to try to peel the cold.

Also a word to the wise - don't stick it in the microwave to try to warm it up so it'll peel easier - that just turns out bad no matter how you slice it.

Hope this helps you in the future....it's one of those things I wish I'd known but neve been told. I wish Gwynn would have taught me not only how to spell bananas in that song of hers, but would have actually taught me something practical about them. Like, don't freeze them with the peel still on it. Geez, is that asking too much? I'm pretty much just trying to save humanity here folks....one banana at a time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. It's just different. I've added it to my favorites.

A.J. said...

This is why I love you. You're already out there in the real world...doing life man....and I just get to learn from your mistakes! Thanks pal!

Anonymous said...

how did i miss this...dang it! it's what i get for working out so early:P

Katie said...

H-BOOGEY you commented on my blog?!?! That makes me excited...like seriously, I have a smile on my face. It was a tragedy that you missed it...it was quite the hillarious situation. You shoulda seen me in the kitchen, I had a knife out and everything...banana juice was flyin', my fingers were turning blue and numb, and yea...it woulda given you a good laugh that's for sure. You should just quit workin' out so you can be a part of these momentous, life changing experiences. haha. :-)

and AJ - I do what I can, you know? somebody's gotta do life to teach other people, and not just be a bum around Clemson. Geez, who would just live there without a job? haha, wait, that was MEEEEEE. Gotta love that kinda life. :-) But yea, I'll keep takin' 'em for the team while you have a grand ole time....but one day I expect you to start makin' a mistake or two so I can learn from you too. haha.

timidoamante@yahoo.com.mx - I'm honored to be a favorite. haha :-)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i have never heard of freezing b-a-n-a-n-a-s (that was way harder to type than should be allowed...). i'll have to give it a go sometime...oh yeah, and thanks for makin' me laugh:)
megooooooo