Tuesday, January 31, 2006

who knows?

I have a test tomorrow, so seriously, what else would I be doing but writing in my blog? haha. I'm pretty terrible sometimes about doing anything but studying.

Today on my way home from school, it was nice and warm in my car from sitting in the sun all day, so I had the windows down and was driving over the connector with the sun shining down while blaring some Norah Jones - and it was absolutely FABULOUS. She has quite possibly one of the most relaxing, pure voices I've ever listened to and it's always a treat when she happens to be on the CD I'm listening to.

Today in lab I got to "play" in people's armpits....it's not as bad as I was expecting - it's funny how you don't even really think about the "grossness" or embarassment of things when you're focused on what you're doing from a medical standpoint. Kinda like in anatomy lab when we were doing the...uhh....reproductive region --- and you walk into the lab and see....uhh....a lot of....uhhh....you know. You think it'd be awkward, but when put in the situation, it's not at all.

In church on Sunday there was a missionary from China there - and it was really cool and somewhat eye-opening to hear her pray in Chinese. Made me realize once again that Christ isn't a white, middle class guy that only speaks English....funny how that view sometimes gets painted or clouds your mind. I mean, I obviously know He's not....but it was really nice to hear someone of a completely different culture than mine praying to the exact same God in a language I had no clue about....and know that He hears her prayers just as He does mine. It was awesome.

I had a REALLY encouraging talk with AJ on Sunday night -- and it was so good to hear her voice knowing that she was all safe and sound back home from her travels afar. I haven't even begun to hear her trip stories or adventures, but am excited to get to sit down with her soon and talk, perhaps this weekend....or when she comes to stay with me in Charleston -- yaaaaay!

I also had a pretty great conversation today with Bri. It's nice to have conversation that makes you think...where you challenge and are being challenged at the same time. Good times....

Erin is coming to the east coast in a month!!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!

OK, well - that was a random assortment of thoughts that trickled through my brain as I was typing....aka, avoiding studying.

Oh yea, there was a guy last night sitting across from me in Starubucks who looked EXACTLY like the main character from Office Space. It was absolutely crazy....I should have asked for an autograph.

OK, I'm really finished now. Have a good one, everybody...I'm off to study...........gotta whoop up on my test tomorrow, like Sleeve did to his today. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No i think i laughed at every answer u put!! love you cuz!! Sally

A.J. said...

You just can't say no Katie...you can't say no to the online email life story surveys....no matter how many you have already filled out! You know what you use to do with that time....?...spontaneous things with A.J.