Monday, January 16, 2006

snapshot


I feel like this picture is a pretty accurate portrayal of my weekend in many ways. (If you can't see it well, I think you can click on it to make it bigger). I wish I had more time to write, right now, but it's late and I have an 8 o'clock class in the morning.

This is me frolicking (literally, frolicking doing leaps and things of the sort) in the sand at the beach today, flyin' my kite. There was such a sense of freedom, of playfulness, of sheer delight, of exhileration, of life, and of just raw fun. It was relaxing...and well, this picture is just plain metaphorical for a lot of things. I'll let you interpret them for now, and perhaps I can elaborate a little more later. I guess in a nutshell it was a time filled with relaxation, fun, hanging out with friends, shopping, going to the rodeo, hillarious games of charades, football, horeshoes, kamakazi kite flying, great conversation, and just plain goodness. It's kinda funny that the times that were the greatest were those in which there wasn't necessarily much "doing" but the times when there was just great conversation. I guess it's not too surprising though, those are always the best times in life.

I hope your weekend treated you equally as nice, or even better.

4 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Good pic. You look like a little kid. oh...and you are definitly frolicking.

Katie said...

I can frolick with the best of 'em, I tell ya....haha. :-)

BrOkEn BrEad said...

wow...i like the pictures!it looks like fun and sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

nobody else saw the devil side of you trying to kill me with the kite...hahaha ;)you are one evil kid!