Thursday, January 05, 2006

His mercies are new every morning...


"His splendor was like the sunrise;
rays flashed from his hand,
where his power was hidden." - Habakkuk 3:4

I stood out on my porch this morning sipping my coffee and watching an amazingly beautiful sunrise over the marsh. The day seemed to begin to wake up and stretch it's legs as the the sun began to peek over the horizon. It was majestic. Bright pink and orange streaked underneath the misty sky, and then it happend -- the huge, bright, powerful ball of fire began to rise. Just as it does every morning. I never want to just "get used to it." I want it to amaze me every single day of my life -- because it is incredible. Just think about it - this huge mass of earth we live on is spinning suspended in a huge galaxy that we know nothing about, around a great ball of fire that keeps us alive. How much more astounding could could it get? It's a simple display of God's power that He chooses to show us every morning -- every single morning He is faithful. Tomorrow I think I might head to the beach to enjoy the sunrise....mmmm...He is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding me of just how big He is and how blessed we are to see that through the things around us! i think i've become a victim of not noticing such things. i might just have to make it up for a glorious sunrise here in the emerald city...probably wont be quite as nice as sitting on the beach though.

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

the image you paint sounds pretty great. i wish i could have been there to see it. and the sunrise on the beach doesnt sound to bad either. its funny how God does this everyday but i never take the time to watch. i think the last sunrise i saw was over a year ago. too long...too long.