Sunday, April 15, 2007

Patty Griffin @ the Orange Peel

One of my lifetime wishes has now been fulfilled, as of Friday night. I got to see Patty Griffin play a show in Asheville, NC. It was phenomenal. She has one of the most pure, beautiful, powerful voices I have ever heard. The set list was amazing, and I got to hear almost everything I could have wanted her to play. Including: Useless Desire, When It Don't Come Easy, Trapeze, Burgundy Shoes, Mary, Heavenly Day, Up To the Mountain, Kite Song, and so so so many more. It was fabulous. Her music is so beautiful, I had tears in my eyes during several parts of the show.

We got to sit 25 yards away from the her as she sang, on the 6th row, left center. It couldn't have gotten any better. I also would not have wanted to watch it with anyone different than who I got to see it with (Matt, Beth, Marie, Lindsay, and Matt)....some of the most amazing people in the world. :-)

Overall rating of Friday night: 10. Hands down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course, had i not had to sell my ticket...then it could have been a 10 1/2! =) glad you guys had fun! mustang fest wasn't nearly as exciting i can assure you.

Katie said...

hahaha - I wish you coulda been there! you woulda had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

that was by far the best patty show i have ever been to...best set list, best atmosphere, best company...i love you katie hogue...maybe there'll be a video on youtube sometime soon revealing more and more amazing information...peace

Katie said...

haha, indeed, anonymous. I love you too...like whoa. Glad I got to have my first Patty experience with you there with me. :-D