Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a few things....

I am now a 3rd year DPT student. I finished my exams today and close yet another chapter of my life thusfar. C-razy. 2 years down, 1 to go....

I think my right leg is a softball magnet. No seriously. I am the pitcher for our co-ed softball team @ school....and last year I got nailed in the shin by a hit, and still have the scar from the stitches on the ball embedded in my tibial crest. Well, in our game before last, once again - I got nailed in the shin....the same shin...approximately 1 inch above the scar the one from last year left. It too swelled up like and looked like a pool ball in my leg. Well, that was 4 weeks ago...and it is still a little swollen and tender, but no biggie, ya know? So, we played our next game this past Sunday. I was on first base after a base hit, Mark was on 2nd base, and I can't even remember who was up to bat. Well, it was a good hit, so I round 2nd -- everyone tells me to keep going, so I round 3rd and as I round it, I look to see where the ball is. A guy on their team has it about 15 yards or so outside of the infield. Mark has scored by now, and is waiting on me at home plate to come in and have a stand-up score....because clearly, no one thinks the dude is gonna try to throw me out at home, especially after I've already rounded 3rd and am on my way home. I'm about halfway between 3rd and home and I see the dude chunk it. He's got a pretty laser arm....and as I'm crossing home plate...the ball freakin' NAILS me in the back of the calf. My right calf. AWESOME. I saw it coming, so tried to kind of "leap" out of the way to dodge it, but it didn't happen - it hit me while I was in the air, and I felt like I got hit with a piece of shrapnel. Needless to say I ended up on the ground as I crossed home plate, and Mark was there to pick me up. The first thing I said was "don't worry, at least it's the BACK of my leg this time!" haha. And it's true - now I just have a pretty bruise back there...I mean seriously, who needs a tan? I told my team that next week I'm just going to wear a fake leg. ;-)

(Oh, but don't worry - I scored the run -- and we ended up beating the #2 seed in the tournament with our win).

I have absolutely NO plans over these next few weeks that I have off. It's nice...but I kinda wish I had a few things lined up....I'm sure they'll come though. Oh, I do have a wedding to go to and friends coming to stay with me during it. I'm pretty excited to get to hangout with my married friends. Carla and Andy and Mark and Layne are probably gonna crash at my apartment for the wedding weekend, which should be fun. :-) I told them they could fight for my bed...which I really hope happends - that'd be a fun married couples fight to watch. They're all pretty scrappy people. haha.

I want to get a new book to read, too, which will be nice. :-) Maybe I'll get one tomorrow. Gotta have a good beach read....b/c I definitely plan on spending a lot of time out at the beach, fo' sho'.

I have to turn in my computer for the next week, which will be sad......I'm gonna be lost. haha. But no worries - I will return!

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.