Wednesday, April 18, 2007

just call me Rocky Balboa. (or not).

I really love challenges. I think it's because I am a pretty competitive person. I'm finding that sometimes I need to make things a competition in order for them to get done. I need a goal to achieve. I don't want to fail, I hate failure - so if I set a goal, you better believe I'm gonna work my butt off to achieve it. I needed motivation to exercise more, so I decided to run a half marathon. And well...I did it. I ran 5 times a week for almost 3 months. So, now I need motivation again to get back in shape (all of which I have lost from my training), and I can't find any half marathons that I'm dying to run (or can afford to get to) in the next 12 weeks...so I made a "self-bet" kinda thing. I told Mark that I will have to pay him money (which I have VERY little of) if I don't eat healthy (ie - no desserts, unhealthy snack food, etc.) and exercise every day for the next 2 weeks. It's just kind of a kick in the butt, short-term goal. I have tried to do this for the past 2 weeks and failed miserably - so decided that I had to voice it. Once I voice a goal - failure essentially isn't an option for me anymore. I don't want to be thought of as having no will-power, or being too weak to do something so simple. So, I gave Mark my "bet" - and he challenged himself to do the same thing (because he's awesome)....so, basically, if either of us fail, someone will be handing over some cash. Let's just hope it's not me. haha. It's a good way to motivate myself to get something done....

and it works....usually. Let's hope it does again this time, or I'll be a little more poor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we really have to exercise EVERY day for two weeks? can't we take a day off in there somewhere?

get 'em killer!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for tempting you with the rest of my lemon berry slush from sonic today :( thanks for making me work out with you :) love, fatty :)