Saturday, January 27, 2007

I have come to the conclusion that I could sit and listen to music and think for countless hours and be perfectly happy. Because well, that is what the past 2 days have been, and it's been great. I like to think - about whatever I want to - not necessarily school - or something I HAVE to think about - but just be able to be free with my thoughts and let them run wild. Whether it's politics, or song lyrics, the future, or God, food, or cultural issues, or past/current friendships, marriage, life goals, love, purpose, war, dreams, or money (all of which I have thought about in the past 24 hours) - I like to think.

I also like to write. I wish I could write all of my thoughts down - I don't - it would be impossible and no one would care - but it'd be cool.

I have sat in my room with music on sometimes, and in silence other times, and gotten to think about and do whatever I wanted for the past 2 days - and it has absolutely FLOWN by. I don't know where the hours go. I got out of the shower at 5pm last night - and when 1am rolled around - I couldn't believe that 8 hours had passed with me in my room alone, talking to God, reading, writing, listening, and just being. That is what today has been as well. From 4 o'clock until now (9 o'clock) I've been doing the exact same thing. Letting my mind wander. Trying to do some school work intermittently, but more often than not, my thoughts don't concentrate on that stuff.

I wonder why I get so little done when I have my books open in front of me, but it's because I can't control where my mind goes. I don't waste time watching tv - or chatting online - or talking on the phone often - but it is often due to the fact that my mind likes to run away from me. And I don't mind it one bit. It's relaxing for me. It's an escape. Being alone with my tunes makes me smile......I think everybody needs that at one point or another - I think I just need it a little more than most for some reason.

1 comment:

alysong said...

i stumbled on your blog a little while back and i really enjoy it. maybe because i think similar things a lot of the time. hope you are having a good day!