Friday, January 26, 2007

emotional pain

I heard a 14 year old girl say this today on Dr. Phil (in regards to being bullied):

"I thought that cutting myself would hurt worse and make me forget about this other hurt."

Man...emotional hurt is tough. I know. I'm sure you know too. No matter how old you are, no matter what the situation is, it hurts. Hearing this comment was just a big reminder that love wins. No one deserves that amount of hurt or pain - that they would have to resort to physically harming themselves to try to mask their hurt they feel on the inside. No one should have to feel that desperate. No one should have to feel that alone in their pain.

So open your eyes. Listen when people talk. Ask the tough questions and tell people you love them - because no one wants to do it alone - and no one needs to resort to physical harm of their bodies to try to help them cope with the emotional pain on the inside.

No comments: