Thursday, February 15, 2007

running woes

My foot hurts. Pretty badly. I don't understand it, I don't know what happend or why....I just know it hurts to walk...or well, feels like someone is stabbing me in the side of the foot with each step. It doesn't hurt to move it, it doesn't hurt to resistively muscle test it, it doesn't hurt just sitting here, or even to the touch really -- just when I weightbear. When I stand or walk on it, it hurts like the dickens. I can't figure it out which is frustrating --- the only thing I can come up with --- and others in my class seem to come up with the same thing, is a potential stress fracture. For some reason last night it started hurting, and I could barely walk from the bus to my class today without being in some pretty intense pain. It's so frustrating....so discouraging. I just want to run. I've been training for this half marathon for 10 weeks now, reletively injury free, and it's now here and there's a potential that I may have to stand on the side and watch. That is NOT exciting. I hate thinking I set this goal for myself, and now it's here for me to attain - and I can't do it. So I'm praying for a miracle....along with icing it like crazy....and trying to rest it as much as possible in hopes that by Saturday morning I can at least tolerate it enough to jog a lil' on it (and by a lil' I mean 13.1 miles). I dunno, maybe God doesn't want me to run in it. Maybe He's got different plans - maybe I'm not supposed to do it -- I just know that those wouldn't be my plans if I got to choose....but, I gotta trust that He knows what He's doing....even if it is by giving me this crazy, sudden onset of pain outta the clear blue. Cross your fingers that I'll wake up in the morning and feel "right as rain." (Mark always says that phrase....and I don't exactly know what it means - but it seemed to fit there).

I JUST WANNA RUN.

2 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Running Woes for real...I need my running partner!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your footsie tonight :)