Friday, February 09, 2007

Jam Master Plus





Last night Stacy took me on a date to see John Mayer in concert at the Colonial Center in Columbia, and let me tell you - it was stinkin' AWESOME. That man can JAM. I saw him 6 years ago at Clemson at a small show, before he got really 'famous' - and he wasn't all that impressive - but the show he put on last night was phenomenal. He did a great mix of acoustic stuff and non-acoustic, old and new, solo and band stuff. Our seats were incredible, the music was incredible, and the company was incredible. Oh, and we were surrounded by some hillariously drunk old women who gave me one of the hardest laughs I've had in a LONG time. Apparently they were "feelin'" the groove. Anyway - that was by far a top 5 performance in my concert going life thusfar. I'd venture to say that he can play guitar with any of the best of 'em --- because there were definitely times that I just stared in amazement at his "jam skills." Anyway - needless to say - it was an INCREDIBLE time - and I recommend that you see him if you get a chance - and if you haven't heard his new cd "continuum" - go buy it - it's definitely a great one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site katiehogue.blogspot.com
Is this possible?