Friday, December 22, 2006

Carrot Top



I stood approximately 2 feet away from Carrot Top today. I was in line buying Mark a Christmas present (at a location I can't name currently so he won't figure out his present), and there he was - standing in line right in front of me. I didn't realize it was him, although I had noticed the guy in the store when I was walking around - but I didn't stare at him or anything or really look at his face. But after he walked away from the register, I heard the guy say "no, that wasn't him, was it?" and the girl said "yea - that was definitely him" and another guy behind the counter said "yea - it was him, I've seen him perform before...." --- I was like "who are you talking about?" and they said "Carrot Top."

I told them to look at his receipt to see if his name was on it, but they said he paid with cash, and then I responded with - who really knows his real name anyway? then we proceeded to joke about how the guy should have said "have a good day Mr. Top" and things of the sort when he left...

Well, I paid and walked out the door and there he as driving right in front of me in the parking lot - and I got a look at him - and it was him alright. Driving a REALLY nice black Land Rover with a Florida tag on it.

He had on a really tight shirt - and he was RIPPED (that is what I noticed when I saw him walking around in the store earlier - I just noticed how big he was) - and a tobagan on to keep his hair down. He was actually quite cute (and really fashionable).

But yea - there was my brush with fame today. I called Mark and told him that one of his gifts had been a mere foot away from stardom. It was really fun....crazy how stuff like that works...how it's exciting to see somebody "famous" - even if I didn't talk to him.

(I probably would have told him a really corny joke if I would have known it was him as he was checking out - like "what is invisible and smells like milk and cookies?" "Santa's burp" and told him to use it when he's on stage. It's probably a good thing I didn't realize it was him until after the fact. haha).

No comments: