Sunday, December 17, 2006

AMAZING CONCERT


Last Saturday some great friends (seen in the pictures) and I went to the Ray Lamontagne and Tristan Prettyman concert at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. It was INCREDIBLE. Seriously - the show:
a.) fit the venue perfectly
b.) was FULL of musical greatness
c.) sounded like you were listening to Ray's CD - only way better because you could see him in all his glory as he sang/played
d.) was precursored by a really really great buffalo chicken sandwhich from the Fox Sports Grill, eaten while surrounded by great company.
e.) was followed by a really fun Dunkin' Doughnuts experience and a new to the country Russian teenager who worked there.

Moral of the story: Ray Lamontagne has won a place in my heart, and I have an even greater respect for him as a musician than I did before the show - because he was seriously just THAT great. It was incredible to sit there and listen to him - he is so soft spoken, yet so powerful. I dunno....but I do know this - if you ever have a chance to see him in concert - go. You won't be disappointed. It was absolutely incredible (and I didn't even know a good number of the songs he sang).

Thank you Stacy, for the wonderful birthday gift!!! (she got me the ticket)

(oh, and no, Marie isn't drunk in the picture above - she just had a hard time holding her eyes open when the flash went off - and it was seriously hillarious.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was my pleasure my dear! glad you had a good time and if you didn't know those song...i'm gonna need to hook you up with his new cd. would have been more amazing had you known them i'm sure.
oh, and the ride home stands out...all the way from:
1-stacyrenawhisennantbunky..."not all at once"
2- russian kid at dunkin donuts hooking us up but not letting us make our own coffee
3-you falling asleep without realizing you were actually asleep.

good times!!!

Katie said...

hahaha - I totally just laughed out loud - for real.

HILLARIOUS.

:-D

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

OK OK OK...I know we are all thinking this so I'm just going to get it out in the open. We can all agree that these are some really hot ladies in these pictures. I mean gorgeous. And don’t tell anybody, but there is one that I am seriously crushing over.

Ed said...

I too was at the Ray/Tristan concert, and I second all of your comments about the concert (except I don't think you gave enough props to Tristan) ... and I was also at Fox Sports Grill (if only for a few minutes) before the concert (we didn't eat, because we ended up getting there too late). And I didn't see you either time. That's sad.

Ed ... the big one ... from Clemson

Katie said...

ED! I totally saw you at the concert when you were on your way in, and yelled your name a few times, but you never heard me. THEN I saw you in the concert - we were on the front row of the balcony and I saw you standing down below and tried to get your attention then too. I thought you were just ignoring me. haha. Oh, and Tristan was fabulous of course, I think I didn't put as much emphasis on her b/c I've seen her in concert before - and never seen Ray. But alas, she was wonderful as well. Sorry we missed each other! Hope you are doing great! :-D