Thursday, May 17, 2007

service with a smile

I had a really great experience at the grocery store today. For real, Harris Teeter had me smilin' when I left. I went in to get some produce, fruit, and milk. First, I walked in, grabbed my basket, and walked over to the citrus area. A man that worked there smiled and said "hi, how are you today? can I help you find anything?" -- I said thank you, but no, and continued on with my shopping. Got some oranges, squash, zucchini, spinach and tomatoes and continued on toward the dairy area. I get there, and a man that was stocking the milk smiled and said "hi, how are you?" -- I spoke, got my milk and yogurt and went to check out. There was no line, I walked up and gave the lady (Patty), my basket, and she was like "Hey there! How are you today? Did you find everything you needed ok or have any problems?" We chatted a second as she scanned my items, and I was on my way. But I'll tell you what, it was quite a pleasant 10 minute shopping adventure. Thank you, Harris Teeter, for making my day a little brighter. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that I was at Harry's Tweeter the other day too, and I had all my groceries in the buggy, and the nice lady that bagged them said,"I'd be happy to take these to your car for you." That's one great grocery store, Katie, i agree :)