Friday, October 06, 2006

reality check.

I got this from my buddy Jon. He's awesome. He apparently got it from a guy named Matt Chandler. I'm sure he's awesome too.


"The law was not given to merely be obeyed. It was given to reveal you can't; and in our failure, we would find our hearts ready for a saviour. . . You just kept failing and pretending you weren't failing and finally you just gave up and you thought 'Jesus doesn't work for me' and in reality you never really tried Jesus because Jesus is saying 'Of course you can't. Of course you can't, are you tired enough?'" - matt chandler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

matt chandler sounds like a smart guy. i guess that'll knock the breath out of you...or it did me.

Katie said...

So, this blog is as much for y'all to read - as it is for me...to write, to learn, to re-read and whatnot...

so here's an adendum (some scripture to "back it up") that I was just reading that goes right along with and is the basis for this entry:

Romans 3:10-31