Sunday, December 18, 2005

just call me G.I. Jane

Well folks, it's official: I am a lean, mean, fighting machine. If you give me a gun, that is. In the past 2 days I've had the chance to shoot 2 pistols...random, I know. Granted, one of them was a fake pistol on a video game at Frankie's Fun Park, but today, for the first time ever I shot a real handgun! Crazy, I know. You're probably asking, who in their right mind would let me hold, let alone shoot a pistol at a target...and well, it was my daddy.

Today we went out in his truck to the old plant where he used to work, because he still does some work out there. It's closed down, and has a ton of land on the Saluda River -- so we were drivin' down through the woods and he looks over and says "you ever shot a pistol?" I respond "no" in which case he says "do you want to?" Of course I wanted to, so we pull down by the river deep into the woods, he gets his pistol and bullets out (yea, I shot a gun with real bullets - it still boggles my mind) and we set up a piece of scrap metal up against some trees. He teaches me how to do it, and then I get to pull the trigger. It was really fun, although weird to hold a thing of such power in my hands.

I had pretty good aim after I got the hang of it...maybe the Frankie's game (which Grant Turner annihilated me, by the way) was good practice. Who knows....all I can say is that there are way more holes in the scrap metal now than there were before I got ahold of that gun. :-)

Well, just wanted to share my big news....but don't worry guys - I'm harmless.

1 comment:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

well, remind me never to mess with you. Actually, that great that you did that. I've shot a couple of hand guns too and it is a one of a kind experiance.