Tuesday, November 22, 2005

the chill. the glow. life at its fullest.

tonight i felt alive. really alive. i went outside on my dock on this freezing cold, crystal clear night and let myself feel. i let the wind chill me to the core and sweep across my face without trying to hide from it. i watched the stars dance across the water and shine brilliantly on the pitch black canopy above like little pin holes punched in the sky. i breathed in the cold, and let it fill my lungs deeply...i let it awaken my insides.

i got out of this overwhelming, sometimes deafening, deadening life and let myself feel. i had to get out of the rat race, away from the starbucks, the music, the superficiality, the standards. Away from the crowds, the traffic lights, the politics.

there are no expectations when you're with the stars. no deadlines. no noise.

There is life. Thriving life.

Simply.

No comments: