Wednesday, November 02, 2005

all smiles

This past weekend was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

I got to see Shane and Shane, David Crowder Band, and the Robbie Seay Band on Friday night (3 of my favorites in the world) - along with hangout w/ Bri, and see AJ and Sara Prothro and some other fun people that I haven't gotten to see in awhile. It was almost like a little sliver of Clemson served right there in Columbia for a short while.

I got to hangout with my family, and give my nephew piggy back rides, and see my cousins cheerleading competition.

But aside from the things that I "did" - it was the things that weren't necessarily supposed to be "entertaining" that were the best times of all. I got to browse for guitars, and CDs, and t-shirts; and sit in Barnes and Noble with Bri -- have coffee -- read -- write -- and just "be." Those are some of my favorite times in the world. The times where you are doing nothing at all- but couldn't be any more content or happy.

There is a sense of freedom that comes with spending time with a best friend...with sitting and saying nothing...and knowing that you can say anything. There is an understanding...a comfort... a security...a peace. I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world. They are times that you have to force yourself to leave when it's time for you to go...the times you could always think of one more thing to say, or have one more hug to give if it would mean you got to stay a minute longer, because you know that the second you walk out the door there will be a longing to go back.

No comments: