Sunday, July 31, 2005

mercy reigns

mercy reigns
by shane barnard


"she hides her face, it seems too good
for Your embrace to find her
and say, "my dove, your voice is sweet
show me your form... your form is lovely"

Your mercy reigns
Your mercy comes
Your mecy falls
and rises with the sun
Your mercy reigns
Your mercy comes
Your mecy falls
and rises with the sun

its new every morning
its new every morning
its good enough for me

no ear has heard a melody
as sweet as yours for her
it seems too good, so undeserved
my heart faints now, for we are her

Your mercy reigns
Your mercy comes
Your mercy falls
and rises with the sun
Your mercy reigns
Your mercy comes
Your mercy falls
and rises with the sun

I will abide in Your love, Your love"

"My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely." Song of Solomon 2:14

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Wow, how encouraging is that? His mercy is good enough for me....even me...so undeserving. His mercies are new EVERY morning, as hard as it seems to fathom. What an amazing God.

Here's some more really great scripture for you to drink up...be encouraged. Our God consumes us with a perfect love - allow yourself to embrace it.

"I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to THE ONE WHO SEEKS HIM; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord....For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is his UNFAILING love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.....Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven...."
Lamentations 3:24-41 (w/ ommissions)

No comments: