Sunday, July 10, 2005

A hearts desire...

Missing someone is tough.
It is a hearts longing unfulfilled.

I miss my roomates. SO much.
They were my family...
my strength...
my encouragement...
my smiles...

I miss coming home to them everyday and getting hugs from each and every one of them. I miss lying on their beds for countless hours doing absolutely nothing but being with each other. I miss the late night conversations. I miss the early morning antics. I miss the dance parties, the singing, the random dress-ups, the cooking episodes, the pumpkin carvings, the poker games, the tv shows, the cigar smoking, the stocking decorating, the mural paintings, the holes in the walls, the "landscaping," the plumbing (wait, I just miss the plumbers...), the wrestling, the cuddling, the sharing, the studying...everything.

As my beautiful roomate Carla put it:

"its hard to miss someone so much and yet not be able to see or talk to them because you are on two completely different schedules.
its hard to read about someone who is so important to you work out so many things and have so many fears and not be able to run and hug them and lay on their bed and just be.
its hard to be changing and growing and be fearful oneself and not have someone who knows you just be there to talk to you and encourage you.
its hard to grow up."

I have been blessed with the most amazing friends I could have ever asked for or imagined. I got the opportunity to live in community with 6 of the most amazing, beautiful girls I have ever met in my life.

Aside from those I got the pleasure of living with, were my girls in the ole 377J. My home away from home. A place of refuge...a place of quiet (sometimes)...a place of comfort...a place of fun, and really good music. :-) Girls with hearts of gold. INCREDIBLE friends I wish I could have met so much earlier. My life was so far from complete until I met you...you have taught me so much, and loved me so much, and been SO incredibly amazing in my life.

To each of you...I miss you. It is a true desire of my heart to be able to spend time with you and see your hearts. I absolutely cannot wait to be able to do so. Until then, know how much you are loved.

"As I look off into the distance
Watching the sun roll on by
Beautiful colors all around me,
Painted all over the sky
The same hands that created all of this
They created you and I...
What a BEAUTIFUL God"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are so far from your incredible friends! But they will always be in your heart! What a blessing and a gift from God that you had 4 of the most awesome years at Clemson and that you came away with lifelong friends who will always be there for you, no matter how far apart you are!!!!!!!!!!
You put a smile on all of our faces!
Love, Mom