Tuesday, March 28, 2006

a thought from a thought

In a continuation of a thought after reading Mark's post and talking to him a lil' about it - I ask this question:

If there wasn't a mystery, would I be chasing God out of pure love, or do I chase Him out of selfishness sometimes just b/c I want to know the answers?

What is my true motivation?

Do I love God for who He is or what He has to offer? Which, granted, what God has to offer is a big part of who He is....but you know what I'm saying.

If God took all of His blessings from my life, would I love Him just the same?

Thoughts to ponder....

Enjoy.

3 comments:

A.J. said...

Eve and Adam welcomed us into the world of knowledge of both good and evil with their disobdience. They opened our eyes to shame and guilt and selfishness and now we have the ability to know anything about everything except God. So, my question to you Katie Hogue, is if God wasn't a mystery would you chase him at all?

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

or here's another good one. would you chase God if He offered you worse instead of better? like if you were in china and to become a christian ment losing everything and everyone you love. or we could take it one step further. would you chase God if He offered you hell instead of heaven? ...i dont like this game anymore.

Anonymous said...

ahhh...i like this...ask this...for whatever reason...why do you chase God right now? This very second? No matter the circumstances.