Saturday, April 23, 2005

I can't think of a title for this one.

Alot has been going on lately, it seems. I wish I could have posted more, but I just never seemed to sit down and write. Funny, huh? I mean, what do I really do with all of my time? It is occupied somehow, that's for sure. Now I can't remember what all I had to say, but I'll recap some nice things that have occurred as of late.

This past week was good. I worked 4 of the 5 days, and the day I didn't work I went shopping in Commerce with my mom. She's pretty awesome. She does things like put my favorite gum in packages that she sends up for me to find. And she bought me some clothes...that was nice.

I saw the sunrise some this week - and the one morning I was going to deliberately watch it rise, and completely focus on Christ, and the beauty of His creation, and His might and majesty it was AMAZING. There was bright pink just pouring over the trees, then the sun came up slowly but surely, as it always does, and it was just incredible. God is cool like that...I feel like He knew I was going to be watching and was going to try to completely glorify Him that morning - and He was like, "check this out...this is amazing...and I think you are even more amazing than this sunrise." It was nice.

So, I start school in Charleston exactly one month from today. CRAZY.

I got to have a bikini dance party in my room this week with Carla and Leslie...it was hillarious and wonderful. Ah, the memories. Then we all laid on the beds and fell asleep. Also that day, there was a bird in our house. Yep...INSIDE our house. We had to open the windows upstairs b/c the air conditioner had to thaw out....and yea, a bird wanted to come in and hangout w/ us apparently. I saw it, and kinda screamed a lil', and it flapped its way on outside again. Life at 1396 is always interesting, I tell you. Live birds and the sort. Oh yea, and there was also some kind of varmot outside this week...maybe a groundhog or something, standing on it's hind legs in our driveway. It was HUGE....at least 3 feet tall when standing erect. I drove up, and seriously thought it was a statute in our driveway and someone was playing a joke on us. Then it got on all 4's and scurried under Meghan's car...then Laynes....then waddled on back into the bushes. I laughed real hard at that, too. It was an interesting greeter to come home to after work.

We had a tornado at work on Friday. I had to sit in the hall for an hour w/ my class...it was hailing, and the power was off and on, and it was nuts at ole Pickens High School. Don't worry though, folks....all is well, and I am safe.

This weekend has been great. I had a hot date last night with Mr. Grant Turner. We went to Meghan and Matt's wedding shower, then to downtown greenville to hangout for a little while with Sleeve and Danny. It was a good time. Today I got to sit down and talk about life with one of the most amazing people in the world, Brianne Siciliano. I always love every second of that - and of course it was incredible today as always. Then I got to eat Arby's and Sullivan's desert with my wonderful roomate Erin Mathis....which is always a pleasure. Then I got to go hangout downtown with a fun bunch of folks, including the two mentioned previous, and Lindsay Koeper, and PJ, and Zach and Sean, and some other super cool people.

I have had some really good reflection time today. Some time to think. To deliberate. To listen. To give advice. To love. It's been nice. Really nice. I have the greatest friends ever. I'm not ready to leave them.

Well, I'm off to bed...
Goodnight...
PEACE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes...the bikini dance party...there is nothing like it :)
-Les