Wednesday, July 18, 2007

through a tear soaked shirt I wonder what has become of it. I cry in agony over words written 3 years and 22 days ago. Tears soak the pages. The words are written so beautifully, so simply, so pure. It was a deception. I am not what was depicted - I was a seed cast in the shadows. And God is screaming at me, 3 years later. God is making me look in the mirror again. Past what the world may see. He is ripping open the wounds, and the blood is covering me. But it isn't my blood this time. My blood left stains...the kind of stains that you hate. the kind of stains that ruin something beautiful. that never go away, and can never be forgotten. But this blood is different. This is the blood of my Father. The blood that purifies all unrighteousness. And as I was encouraged to do 3 years and 22 days ago, I will "stop talking about being pure in heart and living a rightoues life" but I will strive for it daily. I want to be one of the flowers depicted...I want to stand beautifully in the garden, and see my Maker smile.

"We will never have pure hearts unless we do whatever it takes to consistently get ourselves into the presence of God."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heart your heart...