Monday, March 19, 2007

backhand.

This is good stuff. A slap in the face, if you will....but a good one that we, as Christ followers especially, need to get.

"It is much more comfortable to depersonlize the poor so we don't feel responsible for the human failure that results in someone sleeping on the street while people have spare bedorooms in thier homes. We can volunteer in a social program or distribute excess food and clothing through organizations and never have to open our homes, or beds, or dinner tables. I'm just not convinced Jesus is going to say, "When I was hungry you gave a check to the United Way and they fed me, or when I was naked you donated clothes to the Salvation Army and they clothed me." Jesus is not seeking distant acts of charity. He seeks concrete acts of love: 'you fed me...you visted me in prison, you welcomed me into your home...you clothed me.'"

2 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

ouch...

Anonymous said...

man...and oh how true that is! thanks for the backhand early this morning...feels nice. =)

I LOVE YOU DEEPlY KATIE!